With the temporary closure of ASB’s offices and classrooms, we are pleased to be bringing you this special web page of Stay-At-Home Resources and Support. In addition to the continuing outreach and training that ASB staff members are conducting (see ASB Resources below), we are curating for you a variety of activities, games, educational resources, and links to important City of Philadelphia resources. We will keep updating and adding to these pages, so check back often!
- If you need support, please call 215-821-6151, and you will be directed to the appropriate person. Also please know that our staff is working daily to provide regular outreach by phone to check in on our ASB family.
- NEW weekly “Office Hours” with Lynn Heitz, Director of Education and Enrichment Programs are available. Call in just to talk, share concerns, or get connected to other resources in the city. The open “Office Hours” schedule is Tuesdays 11-12 and Thursdays 3-4. The dial in number is 605-475-6006 and the access code is 849659.
- NEW Virtual Trainings. If you are interested in joining, please call into the Office Hours line to sign up. We will be sharing updates with participants regularly.
Weekly Education & Enrichment Services
ASB has pivoted weekly education and enrichment services to be accessible through virtual means. Our current weekly programs include:
- Access Technology Training
- iPhone, Amazon Alexa and smart phone application training
- Braille instruction
- Health speaker series, Diabetes Information & Support in partnership with Jefferson College of Pharmacy
- Men and women’s peer support groups
- Hearing loss peer support group
- Storytelling, yoga, gardening club, book club and trivia
- Keeping Up with the Time current events group, in partnership with the Free Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
- Movement group, in partnership with the Pennsylvania Ballet
If you are interested in any of these services or programs, please call 267-483-9244.