The World at Your Fingertips
No matter your current skill or comfort level with technology, ASB can expand your digital and technological literacy to help you overcome challenges and expand your ability to learn, communicate, and engage in everyday life in the digital world.
Need a new device?
If you are in need of a new device, you may be eligible to obtain one through our Philadelphia Lighthouse of the Blind program, which can provide funding for eligible individuals.
In-House Access Technology Center (ATC)
In classes at our ATC, you will learn in a classroom setting and also have the opportunity to work individually with a tutor, all with the aim of helping you connect to the digital world and to get the most out of your computer, tablet, and/or smartphone.
You will learn these skills on a step-by-step basis at your own pace. They will expand your ability to live independently and to connect to the internet community, using the latest applications available.
Whether you seek introductory classes or more advanced learning, we provide instruction for:
- Making the most of Apple’s iOS operating system or a Windows-based platform
- Using accessible software like the JAWS screen reader, ZoomText magnification software, Apple VoiceOver, and Optical Character Recognition
- Navigating a keyboard, using email, and accessing the internet
- Safely navigating the internet and using it responsibly
- Using the Microsoft Suite and other software
With our classes, you will get the most out of the adaptive devices you already have, and be confident to access technology and the digital environment. If you are in need of a new device, you may be eligible to obtain one through our Philadelphia Lighthouse of the Blind program, which can provide funding for eligible individuals.
Interested in our services? Please provide some general information so we can follow up with you about getting started with ASB.